Welcome to the Fall 2015 session of the ITT Academy!
Our background text for our sessions will be the New Media Consortium’s 2015 Horizon Report: Higher Education Edition. You can access a PDF here. Some of you might also want to refer to the K12 Edition.
We’ll take some time to introduce ourselves and talk briefly about trends we find interesting in the Horizon Reports. This will help us to organize the topics we’d like to discuss for the remaining ITT Academy sessions.
Each of our 4 sessions will be divided into 2 distinct activities – discussions of K12 and higher education trends that are of interest to the group and time to work on and share personal interest projects using the Genius Hour model. Our goal for this Academy is to finally put into practice that one thing that you just haven’t had time to get around to trying.
Take a few minutes to write a 3-5 sentence description of your genius hour project. We’ll share these with the larger group.
Next meeting: Wednesday, September 30 10:00-1:00 rm 412 Aderhold
1. Think about how you’d like to document your Genius Hour project.
2. If you want to stick to the GH model: create the 3 slide presentation mentioned in the graphic above (this is absolutely optional).
3. Help us select a replacement date for our Oct 16 meeting by using this link.
4. Try one of these podcasts next time you have a long drive.
5. Contact us if you have any questions or concerns.